Saturday 12 October 2013

I don't like lowcarb - to be honest

Just because I follow/advocate lowcarb, doesnt mean I like it. Infact, I think I almost hate it.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the lowcarb foods, ill eat fatty meat everyday, no complaints. BUT, I want potatoes with my steak, I want rice with my fish, I want baked beans with my bacon and eggs for breakfast. Yes, I love my carbohydrates, especially milk, it horrifies me to no end that I need to give up milk to get weight loss. ( I can be weight stable on milk but never weight loss ).

All last week I drank an additional 300ml  ( 1500 calories roughly ) of double cream on top of my normal zero carb intake, and well, my weight hasn't budged. To add insult to injury, my waist circumference has gone down *slightly*. What would of happened if I had added 1500 calories of potatoes/rice instead of the cream. FAT EXPLOSION. my trousers would be tight and my belly bloated.

Despite all the research ive done on this blog, I still dont have the answer. All I know is that keeping my carbs near zero gets and keeps my weight down.........effortlessly. I can eat plenty of cheese and get weight loss, but adding equivalent amounts of calories in milk stops weight loss. That REALLY bugs me. Especially since milk is quite gentle on blood sugar spikes.

With the amout of time ive spent trying to point out the fallacy of the CICO logic, the irony is id be much happier if CICO was infact true and all I had to do was watch my calories to control my weight because then I could enjoy my carbohydrates. BUT IT AINT FUCKING TRUE MAN. Its the bloody carbs controlling my fat mass. Im sick of telling myself everyday *CANT HAVE THAT,  its got some glucose molecules in it!*

I suppose id be happier if I wasnt actively trying to lose fat, I can maintain weight eating some carbs, but to lose I gotta go almost zero carb. Ive learnt im prone to hypoglycemia from exercise while zero-carbing. At the gym few days ago I almost passed out from light-headedness after a few mins on the step machine ( granted I was doing near max intensity ). I also feel a bit light headed after running up alot of stairs quickly. As far as my body is concerned, anaerobic exercise and zero carb dont mix.

Well, I dont know what the problem with carbs and my body is. It sucks other people can eat what they want and stay slim. I , meanwhile, have to cut out entire food groups. Damn, I want some marmite on toast, but jeez, if I touch toast ill wake up tomorrow +10lbs.







8 comments:

  1. Hi Kindke, I got exercise induced postural hypotension too. 10 minutes on back with legs in the air! My normal bp is around 90/70. I found consciously dosing extra salt and ensuring a warm-down phase after HIIT fixed that problem. I keep stock cubes at work in case I feel woozy. David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont really get hypotension on zero carb although I do feel blood pressure go down alot. It took me about 30 minutes to recover from the light-headedness at the gym which suggests hypoglycemia. However it tends to only happen on exercise involving the glutes/quads since these are big muscles that suck up blood nutrients quickly.

    I dont get hypoglycemia from upper body exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were a LCarber who could eat a lot of nuts without gaining weight, I would probably eat more of fake nut-flour things like LC microwave muffin with my morning coffee, nut bread, nut cakes. May be almond milk could be an acceptable compromise for you? Some people put a Daikhon reddish in a meat stew and claim it is a good potato substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed completely Kindke (except the milk part - I haaate milk). I can maintain weight eating some carbs but I need to be close to ZC to lose and then I lose easily. I wish CICO were true because this diet is fucking brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another one who wishes I didn't have to LC to lose weight. I want bread,fries, and fruit! But as long as I stay away from those I lose, if I don't well, you know the drill. It would be so much easier if I lived alone, but that is not going to happen. Family makes diet difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the lowcarb foods, ill eat fatty meat everyday, no complaints. BUT, I want potatoes with my steak, I want rice with my fish, I want baked beans with my bacon and eggs for breakfast.

    Aicar
    CJC 1295 with DAC

    ReplyDelete
  7. The main thing I enjoy is fatty meat like steak. Always liked steak but I have a new appreciation this last year for ribeye, I can eat good steak with just salt now, it's mindblowing. Still love beer, and dark chocolate, and doing way too much of it all, but things like bread I don't think about really.

    Like you though I need to pretty strict to be able to cut, like 0 carbs, and also, not add additional fat or eat extra food when not hungry. Nice thing is that I can drink beer, say 1 to 1.5 Litres a night and not gain, all other things being kept under control.

    The big one is good salted roasted peanuts, sucks that if I eat those and drink beer, well, I easily gain fat on my waist. Annoying.

    ReplyDelete